This is my first post, and it will be difficult to write.
I’ve been reading the otherkin tag for a while and hearing a lot of things about how the worst things that otherkin have been through are being harassed on the internet. I wish that were true, but it isn’t.
I’m fae. I’ve known this for a long time, long before I even started using the internet. But that’s not what this post is about.
I have always been very shy and did not tell anyone about my identity for a very long time, until I was 13. I had just started high school (I skipped third grade) and met a boy in my English class. I’ll call him Ryan. He was very kind to me and we became friends. He truly was my first close friend. After a few months of friendship, I opened up to him and told him that I was fae. Ryan, in turn, told me that he was a therian and completely accepted my identity. I was absolutely thrilled. Here was the first true friend I had ever had, and not only did he accept me, but he understood me.
A bit later he invited me over to his house, which I had been to before. When I got there, however, there were three other men there, quite a bit older than I was. One was a junior at our school and two of them looked older and I think they might have been in their 20’s. I didn’t really know who they were, but I figured since I was with Ryan it would be okay, since he said I was his best friend and the only person he could talk to about being otherkin.
So we sat down and after a while one of the men said “So you’re the fairy, huh?” I was confused and hurt that Ryan had told these strangers about me. I didn’t know what to say, and they laughed and I became a bit scared. The way they looked at me frightened me, so I stood up and told Ryan that I should probably go. I tried to leave, but one of them grabbed me before I could leave the room and said “Let’s see how good the fairy fucks.”
I struggled and tried to escape, but they were too strong. They gang-raped me. All of them, including Ryan. They laughed and jeered at me and called me retarded and delusional for being so stupid to think that I was fae. One of them, while he was raping me, hissed “Am I crushing your wings right now, you fairy whore?”
They stopped abusing me for a while, and I curled up in a corner. They started mocking me. It turned out that once Ryan heard that I was fae, he found it hilarious and told these “friends” of his. They thought maybe they could “teach me a lesson” about not being stupid and “delusional” by abusing me. So Ryan lured me into trusting him by pretending to be otherkin. After a while they started abusing me again and did things that I don’t want to describe because I can’t.
When they finally let me go I could barely walk. They refused to drive me back to my house because “Aren’t you a fairy? Can’t you just fly home?”
I’m not writing this as a sob story. I’m writing this to show people that we’re not just “harassed on the internet”. I was raped because I’m otherkin.
I was raped because I’m otherkin.
I don’t know if anyone will read this, but I wanted to write it anyway, even if no one reads this. If you do, thank you for listening.
So sorry this happened to you. Thank you for sharing this, because it is so important for people to know what goes on. I think it would be fair to say that the tumblrkin community is here for you, if ever you need to talk or would like support.
I wish the button for favouriting, posts wasn’t called “like”, because while I don’t “like” this post, I hate that this happened to you, and I honestly to goodness wish there was something I could do or turn back time to help you avoid something so horrendous, I think it’s very good for someone to say so boldly that we aren’t just a community that’s abused digitally. That it happens offline, in real life.
I hope your post is a real wake up call for people, thank you for sharing it, and I agree with Caribou, in at least some of us on the tumblrkin community are here for you if you need/want to talk or anything.
- reimaden likes this
- humainsvolants reblogged this from swanblood and added:
- justahobbieofmine reblogged this from ohpiffle
- comedanceintherain reblogged this from religiositytothefuzzywuzzies
- radical-commentary reblogged this from thatfeministdyke
- thatfeministdyke reblogged this from myasphyxiatedmind and added:
- myasphyxiatedmind reblogged this from randomlycastle and added:
- synstematic reblogged this from swanblood
- poptartdemon reblogged this from fuckyeahawesomevulvas
- iaskforpleasurefirst reblogged this from fuckyeahawesomevulvas
- sweetprey reblogged this from fuckyeahawesomevulvas
- 404fucknotfound likes this
- dragonpearl reblogged this from cantankerouscrab
- cantankerouscrab reblogged this from swanblood
- mushroomic likes this
- badababa reblogged this from mushroomic and added:
- keigraves reblogged this from reimaden and added:
- galena-star reblogged this from avianheart
- galena-star likes this
- happyclappynemo likes this
- lavender-and-statice reblogged this from epochryphal
- ohpiffle reblogged this from safespacenetwork
- roguesareth reblogged this from queersuperteens and added:
- budgerigorous likes this
- hotontherim likes this
- makikogregory reblogged this from religiositytothefuzzywuzzies
- daftgrunge reblogged this from religiositytothefuzzywuzzies
- redribboncorps said: that entire tumblr was made just for the attention of exploiting what should be the worst experience someone could have. like the second post is “I wish I could signal boost”. it sounds like an excuse to say, LOOK, REAL OPPRESSION! rape sux tho
- nohighs likes this
- deth likes this
- bronygirlfriendandproud reblogged this from avianheart
- qualityvanillaabsolute likes this
- ealperin likes this
- noxaldia reblogged this from pyraxis and added:
- kess121kess likes this
- jasonthewildwolf reblogged this from animehrmine
- animehrmine reblogged this from safespacenetwork
- gnastydrag0n reblogged this from quillpaw
- keenquing reblogged this from big-bad-little-red
- big-bad-little-red reblogged this from safespacenetwork
- comeondaddy reblogged this from safespacenetwork
- safespacenetwork reblogged this from void-symphony
- livefromplanetearth likes this
- thatssowritingdesk reblogged this from transboybearcub
- linzjv likes this
- hipsterizzy likes this
- saladlaughingalonewithawoman likes this
- qenitalia likes this
- sweet-the-sting reblogged this from autisticweirdo
- animagusofsburb reblogged this from minionier